Skip to main content

Frozen for 50 years: Narrative Writing by Pupe Year 8

Author:  Tuangrat Trannitad (Pupe) Year 8

Finally, I was released. I didn’t think that it would be this lonely. It felt so short, felt like it was only yesterday that I was walking in here, thinking what it would be like 50 years from then. It was actually the first time I was being happy about not having a family, no one to miss, right?

I walked out of the ice cold freezing room to my same apartment, everything looked pretty much the same. My couch was ripped off though and my pink cap on the drawer was completely torn. I walked over to my bathroom, when I touched the door knob, the whole door fell down. I looked at my left and my bathtub was covered in thick dusts, the white towels that was hung beside it was so dirty it turned grey.

The mirror was covered in dried water stains. It was blurry, I couldn’t see anything. I wiped it with my hand, the clearer it gets, the more it revealed an unfamiliar face of mine.

I opened my eyes widely to see a girl I don’t remember. All I remembered was short jet black hair and a setoff deep ocean blue eyes. I also remembered my skin was naturally tanned and there were some dark freckles on my cheekbones. The girl I saw in the mirror was long white-haired, not even blonde, it was completely white. My skin was pale as snow and my eyes were grey like the color of the ocean drained out of it and I was so skinny you could see my ribs. But the most surprising thing was that after all these years, I looked young, maybe I’m the next Captain America. I walked outside and looked through my closet, it was still pretty much the same, full of weird looking clothes I stole from the thrift shop three blocks away from here. I wondered if it’s still there.

I put on some clothes, ready to face the world, I exited my room to a dark and empty hallway, the wallpapers were torn off and the wooden floor had holes in it. I tried to use the elevator but it was broken so I walked down the stairs to the lobby, the place looked like it was closed down.

What used to be a warm and inviting lobby room is now just a blank space, broken walls and lots of dusts. As I walked outside, I was surprised by the scene I encountered. This block used to be just only some apartments and a bakery where the old lady baked pies for the homeless people once a week. Beside the bakery would be a diner that packed with people every morning, it's gone now but the bakery was still there. The apartments were washed out and replaced by tall, white and modern buildings. I walked inside the bakery, on the wall was a big plasma TV, showing morning news “2068, 17 September” 50 years and the bakery is still here, they must really make good money here.

Welcome!” An old man greets, I remembered that red hair and an annoying smile. Peter, the old lay’s grandson, he was only 5 years old back then, always being positive, an innocent little boy, now he’s grown man. I smiled at him and looked around the shop, it decorated in a modern style, ceramic white walls, big white carpet flooring, wooden chairs and glass tables. I sat on one of the tables and looked at the other tables, the place was crowded. There was a table that stood out to me, a big family was sitting there, they looked so happy spending time and eating together, unlike the other tables where they either on their phones or laptops. Peter walked over to my table and served a glass of water “Thanks, Peter.” I accidently called out his name, he looked at me in confusion and chuckled nervously. 

Do we know each other?” He asked while bending down, examining my face. I looked away to hide my face “I came here a long time ago, you probably don’t remember me.” I answered, it wasn’t a lie, we’ve met before but back then he was 3 feet tall with an undeveloped brain. He shrugged and walked away. Suddenly the family finished off their food and stood up, ready to leave. The family consisted of a father who wore a baby holder and three little girls. They talked and laughed with Peter for a few minutes before they leave in a flat white car that looked like Batman’s Bat-mobile.

After a while, I decided to leave, as I walked to the door I noticed a little shape on the floor. It was a bunny doll colored in blue. I picked it up, it looked really familiar, like I’ve seen one of these before. “Must have been London’s doll.” Peter told me from behind his counter that full of weird-looking machines. The flat white car came back and parked in front. One of the little girl came running in and crying with the man still wearing the baby holder.” Where is he?!” She yelled looking around. I tapped on her shoulder and showed her the bunny. The little girl was really happy and so was the man. He offered me to have dinner at his house, since I had nowhere to go; I took the offer and left with them in the white car. We arrived at his house, the door opened automatically. He walked in and clapped his hands then the lights opened “Dad! We’re home!” A small little old man came down the stairs after the dad shouted, my mind lightens up, and I know that man. Hunter Woodman, he was my friend since middle school to high school. 

I couldn’t help but smiled, he always dreamt about marrying his boyfriend and start a family and that dream came true. “Smith?” Hunter looked at me in a surprise. “You remembered me.” We both smiled in happiness and hug each other, I was home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

วิธีการรับมือกลับการเปลี่ยนแปลงของวัยรุ่น

วัยรุ่น เป็นวัยที่มีการเปลี่ยนแปลงทางร่างกาย จิตใจ สังคม และอารมณ์  เกิดขึ้นก่อนที่จะเป็นผู้ใหญ่ที่มีความมั่นคงทางจิตใจ โดยผ่านกระบวนการพัฒนาการด้านต่างๆรวมไปถึงการมีเอกลักษณ์ของตนเอง ( Identity) การมีอิสระ เป็นตัวของตัวเอง (Independence) การรู้จักและควบคุมอารมณ์ของตนเอง และการมีมโนธรรมที่เคารพกฎเกณฑ์ของสังคม ( Conscience) ตลอดจนสามารถมีความรักความผูกพันกับเพื่อนและเพศตรงข้ามได้อย่างเหมาะสม ( Intimacy) ซึ่งโดยส่วนมากแล้ววัยรุ่นสามารถผ่านกระบวนการนี้ไปได้ด้วยดี แต่อาจมีวัยรุ่นบางส่วนที่อาจเผชิญกับปัญหาการปรับตัวเหล่านี้ที่เห็นได้ชัดเจน ก็คือ ปัญหาด้านอารมณ์ ดังนั้นผู้ปกครองควรทำความเข้าใจถึงการเปลี่ยนแปลงที่เกิดขึ้นต่างๆในช่วงวัยนี้ ทั้งด้านอารมณ์ของวัยรุ่นที่ไม่คงที่ เปลี่ยนแปลงง่ายและรวดเร็ว วู่วาม หงุดหงิดง่าย ซึ่งเป็นผลจากฮอร์โมนเพศ สภาพร่างกายและสังคมที่เปลี่ยนแปลงไป อารมณ์ที่พบบ่อยคือ ความรู้สึกวิตกกังวล กลัวต่อการเปลี่ยนแปลงของร่างกายตนเอง อารมณ์ทางเพศที่สูงขึ้น พฤติกรรมทางเพศ รวมทั้งกลัวความเป็นผู้ใหญ่ กลัวการรับผิดชอบ การยอมรับจากเพื่อน ความขัดแย้งในการมีอิสระและขอบเ

Natachai Boonprasert (Dunk) Turning His Dream to Create Computer Software into Reality

Natachai Boonprasert (Dunk) has made the most out of his learning throughout 9 years at Heathfield International School. This has shaped his perspective to be an inventor of new digital platforms.   He followed his passion in developing a computer application when he got accepted to be a Software Engineering student at King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang. It is always good news to hear that our pupils have taken another step into what they really love to do.   In this interview session, we will get to know about Dunk, his school life and what he looks forward to regarding building potential software projects in the future. ตลอด 9 ปี นายณัฎฐ์ฐชัย บุญประเสริฐ ( ดัง ) เก็บเกี่ยวประสบการณ์เรียนรู้ที่โรงเรียนนานาชาติฮีทฟิลด์ เขาใฝ่ฝันจะเป็นผู้ผลิตดิจิตอลแพลตฟอร์ม ดังได้เริ่มเดินทางตามความฝันโดยเริ่มจากการเข้าศึกษาต่อที่สาขาวิชาวิศวกรรมซอฟต์แวร์ ณ สถาบันเทคโนโลยีพระจอมเกล้าเจ้าคุณทหารลาดกระบัง โรงเรียนฯ มีความยินดีอย่างยิ่งเมื่อได้เห็นนักเรียนมีโอกาสสานฝั

CIS คือ อะไร ??

   หลายท่านอาจสงสัยว่า CIS คืออะไร และมีความสำคัญอย่างไร ทำไมโรงเรียนนานาชาติหลายแห่งถึงนำเสนอว่าตนได้รับการรับรองจาก CIS แล้ว เพื่อความเข้าใจที่มากขึ้นจะขอสรุปสั้นๆให้เข้าใจ  ดังนี้ CIS  ย่อมาจาก Council of International Schools        คือ สถาบันชั้นนำอันดับหนึ่ง ที่ประเมินคุณภาพและรับรองมาตรฐานทางการศึกษาของโรงเรียนนานาชาติที่ใช้หลักสูตรอังกฤษทั่วโลก สถานบันนี้ได้มุ่งเน้นความเข้มแข็งทางด้านวิชาการ พร้อมทั้งพัฒนาความสัมพันธ์ และ การร่วมมือกันระหว่างคุณครูและผู้ปกครองอย่างดีเยี่ยม  เพราะฉะนั้นโรงเรียนที่จะได้รับการรับรองมาตรฐานจาก CIS ได้นั้น จำเป็นอย่างยิ่งที่ต้องมีความพร้อมในทุกๆด้าน ที่ตรงกับกฏเกณฑ์ที่ CIS กำหนดไว้ เช่น โปรแกรมการเรียนการสอนที่เข้มข้น ครูที่ต้องจบด้านการศึกษาและเป็นชาวอังกฤษทั้งหมด ความพร้อมของสถานที่และอุปกรณ์การสอน ที่ต้องมีคุณภาพเทียบกับโรงเรียนเอกชนชั้นนำในประเทศอังกฤษ  รวมถึงระบบความปลอดภัยที่ได้มาตราฐานสากล    นอกเหนือจากนั้นโรงเรียนที่ได้รับรองมาตรฐานแล้วต้องมุ่งพัฒนาบุคลากรของโรงเรียน อย่างต่อเนื่อง เพื่อก่อให้เกิดสังคมการเรียนรู้ที่ทันต่อกา